Friday, May 27, 2011

WOW

This week went by wicked fast, I can't believe it's Friday already! And you know we all love Friday! Really even if it is not the end to your work week, you know you love it, don't deny it, denial is ugly.

Anyway, two fantastic things happened this week, one was mind-blowingly fun and the other weird and interesting.

Shatner would want to hear about the weird so I'll start there. If you have been paying attention you will have noticed that I take medications and go to therapy regularly. However in my quest for personal wellness that just isn't enough for me. I challenge myself to face the dark and scary parts of my being head on. There is no running away. There is only dealing with it no matter how difficult it is to do so. To tell you the truth I've never understood avoiding problems (even though I've done it) because they will only be there waiting for you, they don't just go away on their own. In fact I think they get bigger every time you turn your back on them. Just sayin. But anyhow, yesterday I went for a Matrix treatment. If you are unfamiliar, no worries, read THIS.
I know it's a lot to take in isn't it. But get this! As hokum as it sounds....stuff actually happened. No fricking joke. Now I've had REIKI before and thought that was cool. Matrix has similar effects but there's more to it. My whole body reacted in shivering, numbness, heaviness and crying. I felt quite relaxed and happy afterward and can't wait to see what subtle changes will occur in the coming weeks.

This past Monday, being that it was a holiday and all, I didn't have to go to group so there was no installment of 'Mental Mondays'. There was no installment of anything because I went to Toronto with a couple of hot bitches to a kick ass Industrial concert instead!!!
We made friends before we even got in the doors. I noticed the guy ahead of us in line had his zipper down. Now I have a history of noticing open trap doors thanks to the Ex, so don't go thinking I'm out there checking out every guy's junk, okay? Anyway my friend Lori decided to inform him of his situation and that cemented our fourth in our group for the evening. He was nice enough to give us a free ticket for the concert even.
The bands that were playing were Cyanotic, mind.in.a.box (which now I think is ironic since I've been told to think outside the box and was there exploring things which gave me pleasure) and Front Line Assembly. There were also two DJs, {iVardensphere} (which I didn't much care for) and DJ?ACUCRACK. One word there....awesome. Look them up, you won't regret it.

The music was fantastic! I met lots of people. I befriended a cool young man. I even met band members. (Gave one of them a back rub in fact hubba hubba) And I was dancing for almost seven hours, without complaint Lori and Gina! At one point I gathered little Lori up in my arms and danced so she could still dance without having to use her own feet. Awww. I had a great time with two cool chicks. Turns out that I'm awesome in big cities as well as the small ones. No need to be jealous, anyone can achieve awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. I have a bloggie award for you over here:
    http://karensomethingorother.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-award-for-big-mouth.html

    ReplyDelete