Monday, March 14, 2011

Some assembly required

Anyone that knows me also knows that I am not mechanically inclined in any way, shape or form. I am not handy. I am not crafty. (Unless you mean devious, of course, but that's not the crafty I'm talking about.) I'm not even a good labourer. (Who likes to labour, right?) I am easily frustrated and am sometimes reduced to a sobbing angry mass over the simplest of things. So when the Mother asked me to help her build something yesterday I could only groan and roll my eyes. I should point out here that when the Mother says 'we' will be doing something, a lot of the time that 'we' means just me. So 'we' were putting together a clothes drying rack. Calculate subtext here and translate to - I was putting together a clothes drying rack while the Mother supervised. Thanks Mother.

No problem. If there were instructions, right?

This is what we, I mean me um...I will be assembling.
The Mother's dog is going to assist.
Yay. Instructions. I can feel my ass starting to sweat already. You'll be ok. This is easy. This is easy.
Lower rack done...
Upper rack done.......
Time for the castors....
TA-DA!! Complete and ready for the dog's quality inspection.
It was really very easy and took less than 10 minutes. It's not often I have a positive assembly experience. Which means that I'm happy and the Mother was happy too.

All things in life should be this easy. If there were instructions, right?

1 comment:

  1. My brother put together anything and everything that ever required putting together. He detached my barbie accessories from their plastic frame, he put the stickers (perfectly centred) on her stuff, and if something required building, he always built it. So, when he bought me a hibachi one year, and I said I'd take it home to suburban hell and put it together he was surprised and said "okay". Then I got the thing home, spread out the instructions and screamed WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?

    ReplyDelete